Evoke the romance with a vintage wedding gown. The fashion world looks back to bygone eras for inspiration, and the wedding world is right behind. Classic vintage styled wedding gowns are being selected by modern brides for their special day.
credit : weddingchicks.com
What are vintage weddings? Vintage-wedding-ideas.com , a website dedicated to wedding ideas for vintage inspired brides with a vision to create their wedding style and theme around a period in time – often the 1950s or a particular fashion style. The following are characteristics :
- Dresses are white or ivory with lace and pearls
- Shoes are sassy – a dash of red adds vintage charm!
- Jewellery is striking in diamonds and crystals or soft with pearls
- Flowers are pink, luscious and soft
- Decorations are eclectic, often with vintage china
- Signs incorporate vintage fonts: swirling copperplate lettering or stamps
- Stationery is pretty, girly and with lots of lace
Below are some great vintage websites for you to explore.
Dolly Couture specializes in vintage short length bridal gowns, headpieces, accessories and petticoats.
credit : dollycouture.com
credit : www.dollycouture.com
Mill Crest Vintage offers an amazing collection of authentic vintage wedding dresses and vintage bridesmaids dresses.
Other great websites and blogs are :
vintage.weddings.com by the Knot.